Social Dance starts Tuesday, January 14th for pre-registered 7th Graders.
Social Dance is a professionally taught traditional dance instruction class. Students will learn dance etiquette, traditional types of dance such as the FoxTrot, Waltz, Cha Cha, etc and the accompanying social graces/etiquette.
- This class is open to pre-registered 7th grade students only;
- The class will be held for five consecutive weeks on Tuesday nights beginning January 14th (weather cooperating);
- Classes will be held at WJHS from 7-8:15pm in the school gym;
- Last day of class will be February 11th and students will be encouraged to invite one or both parents to participate;
- Please note that this is not a dance party with a DJ and should not be treated that way. WJHS staff will also be in attendance to ensure that students follow the code of conduct;
- Snow date for the last class will be February 18th if needed and as an FYI, and this will be parent participation;
- No refunds are available for this class;
- Dress code is dresses, pants suits, dress pants, collared button down shirts. Shoes should be comfortable but not gym shoes. Ties and sports coats are optional. Shoulders should be covered – this can include a sweater. No jeans.
Thank you to those parents who volunteered to help out for social dance – it is very much appreciated!
Parent volunteers are needed from 6:50pm to 8:30pm (students attend from 7pm to 8:15pm). Volunteers will help with check-in and monitoring hallways and bathrooms. They can leave once all students have departed. If for any reason you are unable to fulfill your volunteer commitment, please let the social dance committee know asap so they can try and fill your place.
Click here to see the sign up.